Wednesday, August 25, 2010

a fond farewell to summer

Everyone is talking about the end of summer this week and it makes me a little nostalgic for the season because, this time around, I've been taking advantage of it (instead of complaining about the heat!).  For example, while visiting my family in Las Vegas last weekend we bought one of those underwater disposable cameras from the drugstore for a laugh.  I have come to the conclusion that a) I am not very photogenic underwater! b) I need to start taking more real film pictures :) Anyhow I thought I'd share a few them...
 (just to prove my photogenically-challenged whilst underwater point. exhibit a (I can't believe I'm posting it ha) It doesn't look like me, to be honest)

(yes, that's my finger - I'm a professional, honest! )
(the brit & my brothers)

Now, before I go off an enjoy whats left of the summer, I wanted to mention that I received a sweet award from the lovely ladies at La Ville Inconnue a couple weeks ago and, as part of the deal, I am meant to answer the following: "What do you like best about your blog?'...
So, this is a very thought provoking question - a tough one for me - and, true to form, I am not sure that I'll be able to pick just one thing so my answer(s) will be kind of a cheat...
I am constantly overwhelmed by the community that I have (or at least feel I have) become a part of since starting my blog.  It is hard to believe how many great people from all over the globe I have met through blogs thus far.  I absolutely adore you! I don't know many other communities that are like this and maybe there are more places like this BUT I am glad I found you all and that blogging has become such an important part of who I am at the moment. Which brings me to the other answer...


I moved this blog more toward the personal-style side of things after almost a year of keeping my face out of the spotlight; but even looking back on my early posts, I'm in there. I also love that I can look back and see exactly what I was up to and vaguely where my head was at in any given post. I've always thought "journals" were an appealing concept but have never been able to keep one up.  I think it may be that I tend to save emotions and thoughts for writing music, art, etc.  Real journals used to seem like little emotion-vampires to me. But when I started blogging it was about all about style, photography and sharing other people's artistic expression - so it felt like a safe release of information.  Blogging has become a great outlet for me and makes me feel like I've accomplished a bit without draining my creative side. Is that silly? I don't know, really... But I definitely think it will be so incredible to look back on this in the future and see how much fun I was having doing it!


Sorry I was so late with this, Carys & Amelia!!! 


While I'm not big on pressuring others to answer things (not that I was at all but, you know what I mean), in this case, I will tag the following: smaggle style, see emily play, p

5 comments:

Carys said...

What a lovely answer! I found it quite difficult to answer as well, like you said, because there are so many things I enjoy about blogging. I love the underwater pictures too, they're so cool! I'll have to try some!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Corrine/Frock And Roll said...

Not very photogenic underwater?! Huh?! You must be looking at the wrong photos, you SO are!

And ooh, good question! I like that Frock & Roll's light-hearted and fun, and tries to share information/advice/thoughts/opinions in a not-so-serious way!

idée_géniale said...

Aw, these pictures look awesome! It actually does make me want summer to stay with usjust a little while longer.

Thanks for the tag! I really don;t mind a tall. I just need to figure out my answer. I'll let you know when it's up.

Maggie May said...

i love those photos, they are pretty and moody. i like your blog, LOVE the blog name.

MAUD said...

i love your answer to that question.

i also love your bathing suit. pish tosh, you are so photogenic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...