Image Map

Friday, December 12, 2008

bye-bye, bettie


In all honesty, I have never been a huge fan of bettie page (proof of this: I didn't even know it was bettie with an "ie" until today!). There are, however, certain things I like about her persona even though their influence may never make itself known in my personal style. In case you are unaware of her life story (which is incredibly interesting) you should read up. The fact that her post-pin-up life was that of a Born-Again Christian is next to befuddling until you learn more about the real girl behind the fishnets, bondage heels & negligee.

In any event, at age 85 she has passed away. To pay homage I thought I'd post a few of my favorite photos of the mysterious (and of course, notorious) bettie page...

3 comments:

Romeika said...

Great photo selection. Like you I was never a fan, as I didn't even know she was still alive when I read the news, but impossible not to realize how iconic she still is. I wanna see that movie "The notorious Bettie Page" and find out more about her.

reckless daughter said...

yeah, it's just an "ok" movie. I like gretchen mol (the actress who plays her) though.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I found her beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...