In honor of Barbie turning the big 5-0 Mattel introduced the real life Malibu Dream House (by Jonathan Adler), in? well...Malibu, California! It was too good not to share...
Lastly, some fun barbie facts...
• Three Barbies are sold somewhere every second (and sales total around $1.5 billion a year).
• The best selling model ever? 1992's Totally Hair Barbie. (Which yours truly "totally" owned! haha)
• In her 50 years, Barbie has tried out more than 108 different careers.
• The toy has represented 50 nationalities thus far.
• Due to the fact that its used somewhere around 105 million yards of fabric to outfit Barbie, Mattel is considered one of the largest apparel manufacturers in the world.
• Barbie, it seems, spends more time at the "salon," than most females do: her hair is made up of seven shades of blond, weaved together to get that token golden look.
• Ninety percent of little girls in the U.S. (ages 3 to 10) own at least one Barbie.
Wow, that's a lot of Barbie trivia. I need a break!