Image Map

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Not I," said the cat

"Once upon a time a cat, a mouse, a dog and a little red hen all lived together in a pretty little house..."

I found this children's story from Andy Warhol's lesser known days as an illustrator and thought it was fabulous.

Can you catch a glimpse of his future style peeking through here? those farm animals (who are actually house dwelling animals in his version) have a certain flair and an attitude to match.

ps: I've been having some serious internet issues the past week so apologies for the sporadic posts. Hopefully things will get back on track soon!

xo DJRD

3 comments:

cg6 said...

good!

I from china .

my blog :

http://hdywsj.blogspot.com/

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

This book looks lovely. It's actually a much more lovely view of Warhol than the over-hyped "factory" period for me.

indigotangerine said...

these are so fun and whimsical, it feels a little more real than his later work.
-indigo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...