Image Map

Thursday, February 25, 2010

the right to shoes and peace of mind

Did you ever have one of those moments when, all of a sudden, you become so irritated you are practically inconsolable because... your hair isn't laying the way you want it to OR your eyebrows are unevenly plucked (and seriously how could you have missed that earlier!) OR because your clothes are fitting really weirdly at that exact moment and you have no idea why (perhaps a phantom seamstress snuck in during the night?)  OR your nails are grossly chipped but there's no time to re-paint OR you can't figure out which of your 8,598 pairs of SHOES to wear (ok, I have nowhere near that number, it was for effect)? The point is, you get so worked up that you have turned this little insignificant (in the grand scheme of things) detail into a pseudo-existential crisis! and on top of that, you should have been out the door at least 5 minutes ago! We've all been there, right?

Well, I had one of these moments the other night as I was getting ready to go out and I got so flustered that I finally just started laughing at my silliness and quickly decided that I needed to capture some of the madness with my macbook's camera - as blog therapy.  *disclaimer* this is the first time I've used iMovie to edit anything, I only had about an hour to do it, AND the lighting in my house at night is notoriously dim - we like it that way. the videos... do not.  



So, take a deep breath, people...it's gonna be OK.

PS: which shoes would you choose?  


***UPDATE: I chose the black & white oxfords!

10 comments:

Passport Smiles said...

The black and white ones. Plus, I have such a girl crush on Jenny Lewis.

Anonymous said...

I have totally had one of those moments...ALL the time !
I would have chosen the black and white ones too :o)

www.simplycontrary.blogspot.com

Faux Naif said...

haha that is so cute.

you have an extremely enviable shoe collection, m'lady.

natasja said...

i would take the black and white one, but both looked lovely. your blog is really cute

natasja said...

answer; yes i saw the movie, i thought it was fantastic and i the "coverup" for heath ledger turned out great. lily cole is lovely

MOMO said...

Hi!
I must say that you have an amazing blog!
Love it. Look at my blog, if you want :-)
Maybe we can follow each other? :)

Love from Momo

http://momounivers.blogspot.com

The Black ;-)

The Fashion Bible said...

Lol. You just portrayed the story of our lives! Nicely done!

the love monster said...

Jeffrey Campbell 99s!

Rohini said...

I pick all! Can I have them now? ;)
Great post.
Xx

Romeika said...

You look too cute! We all have these days... I love the black and white oxfords.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...