Image Map

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

lynch, cotillard & dior = lady blue shanghai

I vaguely remembered hearing about David Lynch making a film for Dior but I'd more or less forgotten about it until I happened upon the film itself via the Coveted. I am a big David Lynch fan and I like most of his work (in particular, Twin Peaks, which I'm a little obsessed with it). I also enjoy Marion Cotillard so, come to think of it, I suppose I was a bit bias going in to this. While I'm not that fond of the actual Dior bag featured in the film,  I do love the color blue! I think Mr. Lynch must too: the cover of his book "Catching the Big Fish" is blue, then there's the film "Blue Velvet", the blue cube in Mulholland Dr... Coincidence? I think not ;)

Anyhow,  like all good Lynch projects this short film is surreal, scary and yes, even a bit silly. enjoy...



I'd love to hear your thoughts! love? hate? On a sidenote, I really want the vintage room divider that is behind her in the hotel room scene. I've been looking for one of those for years!

Well, see you soon! xdjrd

2 comments:

Passport Smiles said...

I thought the video was a bit long and pointless...difficult to hold my attention. Yet, I haven't tried to fall in love with David Lynch. One of my goals it to watch all of "Twin Peaks" this summer. I've seen only a few episodes and absolutely loved the humor.

Yet, I do heart Marion Cotillard. I'm amazed with her progress in English since she won her Oscars. Have you seen the "forehead tittaes?" ==
http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/3pkp
It's goofy but hilarious.

P.S. The French LOVE David Lynch.

reckless daughter said...

I'm the first to admit some of his stuff can be difficult to digest. I, for one, am NOT a fan of Eraserhead - much to the dismay of many of my film loving friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...