Image Map

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

photophile: edward steichen

It has been a long while since my last photophile feature and, while flipping through a stack of magazines that have been collecting dust on my nightstand, I was reminded just how much I love the work of Edward Steinchen. As far as I can remember, I have yet to mention him so I thought I'd use this post to share with you some of my favorites...
Edward was an American (though actually born in Luxembourg) photographer and artist; He shot a variety of subjects throughout his career but, I have to say, my favorites are the photos he took while he was Chief Photographer at Condé Nast - including most of the above. For more on Mr. Steichen here.
                                      (self-portrait, 1929)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...