Image Map

Sunday, March 6, 2011

rodarte :: states of matter

On Friday night I was thrilled to be able to take an opening night peak at Rodarte's first West Coast Solo Exhibition at the MOCA Pacific Design center. “Rodarte: States of Matter”...
Beth Jean came along too as did "The Brit".   He thinks I should have titled this post something like "States of Matter - undercover at the Rodarte exhibit" because, unfortunately, there was kind of a "no photography" rule.  I was way too terrified to bring my DSLR inside and instead took some shots on my iphone and a couple on my point & shoot when no one was looking! phew...
The exhibit included several tutu's from The Black Swan, as well as select pieces from Rodarte’s Spring 2010, Fall 2010, and Fall 2008 collections.  I absolutely loved how they arranged everything down to the spooky ever changing lighting.

I think because I was a little bit nervous about being kicked out of the show (a show by one of my favorite designers, no less) the phone shots honestly came out better than the point & shoot pictures! I guess I felt like the phone was easier to explain to the guards if they asked. haha. In any event...
And here are a few photos taken by someone with permission! 
borrowed from here


If you are in LA or will be here between now until June 5th and have any interest in Rodarte, I highly recommend going to check this out. It really is art installation meets ready to wear fashion.  In my opinion seeing the pieces in person is truly incredible. more information here
 

2 comments:

pi company Toronto said...

very interesting
thanx for share

decorative mirrors said...

girs!
you look so cute
have a nice spring-time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...