Image Map

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

step right up! step right up!

I am a sucker for photos of vintage showgirls, ballerinas and the like... so... when I stumbled upon these incredible photos of circus performers from the 1940s and 50s, I basically shrieked with delight! Now I wanted to share them with you too...
 (the mini chihuahua caught my eye for obvious reasons! I suppose I take it for granted that they are a new invention - not so!)
Now if only I could get my paws on those unbelievable costumes!  I have a tiny collection of vintage stagewear (which someday I'll add to) but nothing this spectacular. I know some of these must exist out there in some old attic or crawlspace! 

Images are originally from this book  - photos found via how to be a retronaut


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...