Image Map

Friday, June 7, 2013

the Million Dollar Mermaid




I thought I would to do a little post in honor of Esther Williams leaving this realm for the next earlier this week at the age of 91 (not a bad run).



Truth be told, I have become more of a fan in my adult life though I was vaguely aware of her as a child mostly due to clips of her swimming with Tom & Jerry in "Dangerous When Wet".


Now I am in awe of her gorgeous wardrobe and incredible grace and stamina. I also own a couple of her vintage inspired swimsuits - a favorite of mineHere's another classic example of what Esther was all about - excuse me while I drool over these costumes...











RIP Esther 

1 comment:

julia said...

Beautiful tribute to a fascinating person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...