Image Map

Monday, October 6, 2008

rolled stockings


As previously mentioned , I am a tad obsessed with the 1920's. So, I wanted to share a fabulous site I found a few months ago with you lovely DJRD readers.

Rolled Stockings is one the most comprehensive 1920s/flapper inspired sites I've come across and trust me when I say - I have been looking.

April, the sites founder has complied everything from music (*check out flapper radio) to fashion and beauty tips of the era and pictures galore! check out the amazingness for yourself...

1 comment:

Star said...

Don't forget Anna May Wong! She has such awesome clothes in Piccadilly (1928). She transforms from the scullery girl to the main dancer at the Piccadilly club. She went to London to make a film in which she was the love interest. But anti-miscegenation laws kept her (Chinese) from kissing an white actor. Anyway, she thought she would get her kiss in this film BUT in the editing room it was cut. It broke her heart. Anyway, she wears awesome furs and amazing hats that make her look like a kitten. Watch the film! (Sorry for babbling -- can you tell I am a film buff?)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...