Image Map

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

fashion week(ness)

Ah, Fashion Week NYC...no matter how I try to ignore you, in the back of my mind I know you are there.  Suddenly, I find myself lurking on the pages of Style.com for hours on end to see what you have to offer this time around. It's true, I can't help but get excited about at least a few shows every season and, of course, then I want to share my favorites here on this blog. Since this is a fashion-focused blog I think it's only fair that I get to post my FW favorites! There are some people out there who believe that to "cover" fashion week you have to be there.  I believe that, with all the runway and detail shots available, the internet is a much easier way to get a really good look at the pieces in a collection because there is not a time limit. Just my thoughts. Obviously, I wouldn't turn down a chance to attend a Rodarte show (for example) but I would not be surprised if I used the internet to get a better look afterward.

Anyhow, that being said, here are a few of my favorites from NYCFW F2010...
 
Rebecca Taylor is one of those designers who's collections I expect to like but this one was especially lovely.  She has a way with prints and even managed to make leopard print seem fresh.  I also love the length of her skirts and the subtle yet eye-catching colors scheme.
Rodarte is a favorite of mine. I love the futuristic yet romantic aesthetic their line consistently coveys.  I found this collection was much less abrasive than the previous one though. It was easier for me to connect. oh, and it would be perfectly ok if someone bought me one of the white floor length dresses. I promise I'd figure out how to wear it to work :) update* see video of the entire show HERE

The first thing about Zac Posen's collection that I noticed was the bright red velvet pieces, next it was the flirty skirts and finally the statement coats.  It's the perfect mash up of  the 40s and 60s.  But let me state for the record that I would only wear that fur if it was fake. so please, no angry comments!! I heart animals.

 
Julian Louie... I don't know much about this designer at all but this entire collection is right up my street. I could live in these! so very cute with an edge.

I also loved:
I'm sure there will be more! I do promise to mix it up a little and not overload you with runway collages!  

*all images from style.com - collaged by djrd

    5 comments:

    Unknown said...

    LOVED rebecca taylor (surprisingly)

    btw I would LOVE it if you checked out my new blog!

    http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    indigotangerine said...

    rodarte is always top notch. I've never heard of julian louie but it looks lovely, I'm gonna have to take a peek at his other stuff.
    -indigo

    Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

    I love runway collections and fashion weeks. So much inspiration!

    Anonymous said...

    Awh I just love that Julian Louie collection....its the perfect combination of modern and feminine!

    chicknamedhermia said...

    Awh I just love that Julian Louie collection....its the perfect combination of modern and feminine!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...