Image Map

Monday, June 7, 2010

moving music

I came across this wonderful tumblr page this past weekend and wanted to share it with you. I love music (as most of you know) and I'm also a fan of art & photography (and gifs, of course!) so I was bound to love Animated Albums.


Basically, this person edits album artwork and makes little animations out of them. Here are a few of my personal favorite album cover gifs. so clever...


 











Just don't look at them for too long or they give you a headache -! haha.

Someone mentioned that it reminded them of Terry Gilliam's animation which I can definitely see and that made me like these even more! well, cheerio.

5 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Those are mesmerizing and fun!

Every Little Counts said...

the david bowie one is the best... totally awesome.

oh, and yes- you should come definitely make a trip to new york soon!

Faux Naif said...

fun!

and yes, i actually love the little powershot. it's compact, takes great photos and all-around much easier to fling about than the bulky (and considerably more fragile) rebel.

Sarah J said...

Love it!! especially the Beatles one. i have been chillaxing to their anthology, and that was the perfect visual accompanyment.

Wanderlusting Fool said...

these are neat! I've been trying to figure out how to make gif files but I can't seem to find an easy way to do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...