Image Map

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Belle of the Imaginary Ball

Hurrah! Our internet connection has returned and I'm probably going to do two posts today as a result! Firstly... I always pick out a few gowns each season that catch my eye -- even though, at present, I never attend any sort of ball befitting of a gown.  While attempting to come up with an idea of what to wear this New Years Eve I thought it might be fun to play a little game with myself and pick a few gowns from the Spring 2012 collections that I'd love to wear to a NYE ball. Here they are...

Marchesa  - these 3 are perfection. Obviously, heavily inspired by the 1920s which, of course, always catches my eyeballs!

 Zac Posen - thanks to my pal BethJean for passing along this lovely gown.  It reminds me of a mermaid which I secretly long to be.
 Alexander McQueen - ignoring the funky headwear (as usual with McQueen shows) this dress is so romantic and looks like it's made from layers of golden doilies - I am in love the neckline.
Oscar de la Renta - talk about romantic. this dress makes me want to lounge around on a chaise eating a box of chocolates and drinking something bubbly! It's so lovely I could cry a little.

Rochas (from W mag) this is the gown that actually inspired this whole post. Isn't it lovely?! It's modest yet manages to be quite sexy somehow.  It also has a mermaid / snow queen feel to it.
 
Did you have any favorite gowns from SS12? What would you wear to a ultra-fancy New Years party?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...