Image Map

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

hey, don't break my internet!

Just a quick (slightly politically fueled) post today of a video I found via calivintage's tumblr which does a pretty great job of explaining what this whole Protect IP / SOPA business is all about.
PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks The Internet from Fight for the Future on Vimeo.


As someone who's boyfriend is a working musician and who herself works in the film business I am all for some types of anti-piracy laws - ones that protect artists, small businesses and the people who make the content we all consume but these particular bills are so wide reaching that they threaten everyone in the US (and beyond) who uses the internet as a creative outlet, a place to share passions and a place interact with people from across the globe. That's a step backwards that I, for one would not want to see put into action. As a user of sites like tumblr, youtube, twitter and this very blog I feel particularly vulnerable to this type of bill and if it passed I would definitely have to re-evaluate my online presence. Even though I am very careful about listing sources and facts about content it's uncharted territory.

I know I am more than likely preaching to the choir here but I felt it needed to be addressed! love to you all! To contact your Rep about this got to:  http://americancensorship.org/

xdjrd

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...