Image Map

Monday, June 17, 2013

With a Little Help from My Friends: My Kickstarter Project

Hello lovely readers! Now that I am feeling back to my normal non-feverish self I wanted to post about a project I launched last week more or less from my sick-bed. But perhaps I should back up a little…  Since releasing my EP at the start of the year I've been plotting (and being asked by many people)  when I might go into the studio to finish recording a full-length album.  Recording is quite a pricey endeavor. Even with dear friends who help make it all a bit more affordable it's still several thousand dollars to make a full-length album.  I know and have pledged money to a few people who have gone the crowd-funding route for music and it has worked out well for them.  I've also backed to several non-music projects as well - from funding the launch of a fashion line to helping someone sail around the world to donating a little to help someone pay for medical bills. When it works and is done well I think crowd-funding is genius and it really helps people get their projects off the ground.  Which brings me to my Kickstarter Campaign… 

I am raising $6,000 - a little over half of what it will cost for me to make and manufacture my debut full-length album.   As of right now,  the campaign has been running for 5 days and I'm only at 6% of my goal :( which is worrisome because with Kickstarter it's all of your goal or nothing! So… I need to ask a little favor. Whether you are a fan/friend of my music, my blog, or just me in general, please consider making a pledge.  A pledge of just $10 will get you the digital download of my new album when it is finished later this year. A $4 pledge will get you a digital version of my EP - that's actually a dollar cheaper than buying it on iTunes or Bandcamp!  There are several different incentive levels from pledges ranging $1 to $1,500 and believe me when I say every dollar counts.  Did I mention the stellar video I made for the campaign will sick with the flu? here's that little "gem"...



So that's it. I don't want to bog down my blog with Kickstarter propaganda but this project is very important to me so I want to make sure everyone knows about it! If you can't afford to pledge please tell someone you know about my project!  There will be a Kickstarter link in my sidebar for the rest of the campaign. thanks guys & gals!



All my love
xMeg 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...