Image Map

Monday, September 2, 2013

summer simplified

It's still slow going on the old bloggy and this current LA heatwave is doing nothing to encourage me to make time for taking photos outdoors but I really wanted to do a quick post since August was so very slow here!

meg olsen


I've slipped into a bit of a summer uniform this year, particularly in the daytime, and that is: a cotton dresses paired with my trusty Swedish Hasbeens.  This dress is one of my particular favorites. It's vintage - if you consider the 90s vintage - and it is super comfortable which means I'm always throwing it on to run a quick errand, make a coffee run or walk the dogs.  I suppose it's my equivalent to jeans and a T-shirt and since life has been pretty hectic lately I have found that simple dressing helps me stress a little bit less. This is not to say that I've lost my love for dressing up! far from it.  At night, once it cools down, I'm back to my usual antics.  

black swedish hasbeens on don juans reckless daughter

outfit notes:
dress - vintage 
sandals - swedish hasbeens
hair clip - anthropologie 

How about you? What items do you find yourself reaching for in the hot months?  

 

3 comments:

Frannie Pantz said...

Oh man. It was 101 the other day here! Yikes! I love your pretty dress and although I think the 90's are technically vintage, as a kid who grew up in the 90's, I can't believe it's so!

Corinne said...

So pretty! And I've been eyeing swedish hasbeen shoes for as long as I can remember-- are they comfy?
The sweltering heat in NYC has finally stopped, thank goodness. I can't wait for Autumn's arrival (for the first time in the history of ever).

xx Corinne
http://www.cateyesandthighhighs.blogspot.com

meg, reckless daughter said...

They are! I've been wearing mine to death this summer. PS: you lucky thing! I love NYC <3 That heat can be brutal though as can the cold!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...