Image Map

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

cmj

Today CMJ kicks off in New York and, though I won't be able to make it this year, I have been checking out the official site and reading various articles here and there - wishing I could be there. Mostly I just want to go back to New York because it's been a while.


So...what does this mean for you? you might ask. Well, I thought I would feature a couple of new bands playing CMJ this year that maybe of interest:

The Ruby Suns are a band from New Zealand though the singer, Ryan McPhun, is apparently from California originally. They released a new album called Sea Lion this year - from what I have heard they are quite eclectic. For those of you lucky enough to be in New York the Ruby Suns play tonight at the Delancy (9:15pm) and again on Saturday the 25th at Pianos (12:15am).
Boomp3.com

Passion Pit are out of Cambridge, MA. I don't know too much more about them aside from the fact that they currently have an EP called Chunk of Change and they are working on a full length which will be released in 2009. They too have a show tonight at the Music Hall of Williamsburg (10:20) and a second show on Thursday at the Annex (10:30pm).


Of course, there are many other bands that I love who are playing but these two are newbies. enjoy.

1 comment:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Too bad you can't make it--it sounds awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...