Image Map

Monday, October 25, 2010

up on the roof

One of my favorite things about where I live is that it really doesn't feel like LA at all. I hope that isn't a terrible thing to say, but it's very true! For instance, I know most of my neighbors names and have their phone numbers (that never happened to me anywhere else in this city)... we have a lovely little yard and our house is surrounded by greenery on all sides...Lily, the lovely blond-haired Iranian woman who runs the coffee stand knows me by name and asks if everything is ok if she hasn't seen me around for a while...should anything big happen in the neighborhood I'm most likely going to find out about it within a day... and some nights I fall asleep to the sound of coyotes chirping in the hills above (yes, they chirp. scary to me at first but it's such a novelty now).

All of this and I am basically 4 blocks from the Sunset Strip - pretty incredible, non? So I suppose I've learned to be more opened to the great things Los Angeles has to offer thanks to the magic of the Canyon. It makes me want to explore the city further. Or, in this case, to explore my own surroundings further. Like yesterday, when "the Brit" and I decided to brave a makeshift ladder and hop onto the roof to see what the view up there was all about...
I'm a bit squinty - it was really bright up there! I also left my cardigan down below.

I look really weird here but I managed to capture the ever elusive "Brit" so I had to post it :)



outfit details
dress: marc by marc jacobs (you've seen it before)
cowl: yarnovermovement (circa last fall)
tights: dkny
necklace: vintage (gift from the Brit)

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Ellen Burney said...

lovely pictures, words and fringe. x

the Citizen Rosebud said...

great pics, and I really like the one of you and the Brit, and nope you don't look funny to me.

Anonymous said...

red is amazing on you x

JULIA GENEVIEVE said...

Lovely dress! I love the red and black combination. ♥

Erin Kim said...

love these photos and your outfit! your hair is quite adorable too. :)

erin :) said...

love these photos and your outfit! your hair is quite adorable too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...