Image Map

Saturday, September 17, 2011

romance & other rumours

For those of you who couldn't be there... a few photos from the debut of our pop-cabaret act The Dime Store Dollies!
The idea behind Dime Store Dollies is to take well know pop-songs (60s through present) and give them a 1920s makeover.  This time we dealt with songs about love and heartache. To give you an idea, a few of the songs we covered were... Lovefool - the Cardigans / Real Love - John Lennon / After You've Gone - Marion Harris (this was actually from the 20s) / Take on Me - A-ha (plus others).

I am told that it went very well but in my head it was all a bit of a nervous blur! We didn't have many photos from the show this time - luckily, the Brit snapped these ones! but we are planning another show in late October so do not fret if you missed us, there will be a round two!
Oh, one last thing, I wanted to quickly give a little mention to Sue at Giant Dwarf who made these amazing starlette crowns!! It's pretty much my favorite thing ever! thanks again, Sue!

xdjrd

6 comments:

Emily_RubySlippers said...

It sounds like a great show!  Nothing like some 20s style music!  And I love the star crowns.  How amazing!

Kailey said...

Eee how exciting! You both look great, and I am in love with the concept behind it!

MeeshMuffet said...

Awesome idea, and you both look amazing. I'm sure it was great fun.

Hazel Lou Anna said...

This is such a clever and magical idea!!! For all of us that lives like, very, very far away, I hope you can get a little youtube clip or something from you next show, it would be so nice to listen to your performance! Oh, and you look lovely by the way!!!

meg, reckless daughter said...

why, thank you! I was told someone was filming some of it but I haven't seen anything yet :)  promise to post something if it exists!!

Eveline Pezzini said...

I want to see it too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...