Image Map

Monday, October 22, 2012

ATTENTION: MY DEAR SWEET LADIES of AMERICA!


Hello Cats & Kittens!

Admittedly, I do try to keep my own personal politics to a minimum on this blog (my twitter is sometimes a different story!). After all it is supposed to be a fun place to linger for a moment and it is not my intention to alienate people who may or may not agree with my spiritual/political/philosophical ideologies - they just want to see clothes and pretty images, I get it!  That said, what has been going on during the course of the race towards this election is beyond scary to me, in particular, where women are concerned. The things coming out of many of these misguided (ehem) mostly male, politician's dry mouths are not just oh-so-last-century, some of them are downright medieval! I'm truly scared for us, ladies!  I would never think to inflict my own beliefs on someone else's body but, it seems, I have foolishly taken for granted that I could expect the same from these "leaders" and from my own fellow citizens.  When I heard about this PSA a few amazing women were putting together I leapt at the chance to be apart of it because I so very much wanted to stir a few of you sleeping souls out there! You out there who haven't decided who to vote for or even whether or not to vote at all.  Please believe that a few little steps backward in the short term could easily have us snowballing straight back down that great mountain of equality our grandmother's grandmothers started climbing all those years ago!  So... it is with this in mind that I present what I hope is your WAKE UP call! also known as the "YOU DON'T OWN ME" PSA featuring many familiar faces from all over this amazing-when-it-wants-to-be country. Thanks again to the ones who made it happen! You give me hope.



*in case you were wondering, my little cameo is around the 0:55 mark - For a list of everyone involved please check out this article over at Paper Magazine 



love to you all! xMeg


3 comments:

Jenna LeDawn said...

this is so wonderful! thank you for sharing— i'm so glad you could be part of something so powerful! i also try to keep politics on my blog at a minimum to none level but when i really think about it, if someone thinks i should be treated like a second class citizen because of what's between my legs then do i really care if i "offend" them? not so much. . .

meg, reckless daughter said...

thanks, Jenna! and I totally agree :D

kenda said...

this is great. i've seen this video floating around, but this is first time i've actually taken the time to watch it. it's such an inoffensive message (let me determine what i do with my body & i'll let you determine what you do with yours), that it kind of blows my mind that we're still having this fight. nevertheless, bravo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...